The Mighty, Humble Cardboard Box
The average American uses around 650 pounds worth of it every year. It is used to ship 90% of all products in the USA. It is also so common; it is mostly overlooked. It is the cardboard box – the ingenious, innovative solution to most of the world’s moving concerns. Cardboard boxes are used in a variety of ways, from packing food products to shipping top-of the line appliances. They are also preferred in moving, and for good reason. Here are some reasons why.
- • Cardboard boxes are easy to use. Everything about cardboard moving boxes screams ease. Assembling them takes but a moment. Packing them up takes just a little more. Labeling and stacking them can also be done in a snap. Corrugated moving boxes for moving house are perfect illustrations for this.
- • Cardboard boxes are reusable. The usefulness of cardboard boxes doesn’t stop with the end of the move. If you get quality moving boxes, chances are they will still be in pretty good shape after you unpack. These boxes can still be used in a variety of ways. Using them as a garage mat and as creative toys for your children are but two ways a moving box can be utilized.
- • Cardboard boxes are recyclable. A great thing about cardboard is that it is very easy to recycle. A ton of old corrugated moving boxes saves 9 cubic yards of landfill and uses only ¾ of the energy required to produce new boxes. This equates to a significant help in the fight against excessive waste production.
- • Cardboard boxes are environmentally-friendly. Cardboard boxes are 100% biodegradable and have no toxic constituents; hence, they are extremely safe to the environment. In fact, old cardboard boxes for moving house are actually very good for use in landfills. By the simple act of tearing and composting them, you can actually help save what’s left of Mother Nature.
- • Some cardboard boxes are amazingly sturdy. Some sellers offer quality corrugated boxes for moving house which are designed to handle a lot of weight and pressure. This is something to keep in mind when buying moving boxes, for it is never a good idea to be tightfisted when it comes to purchasing them. The added risk from cheap, random, weak boxes found in grocery stores is simply not worth it.
As we can see, cardboard boxes are so much more than their plain exteriors. It is no wonder that we actually entrust the task of moving our possessions, those which we consider most important to us, to these brown, square guys. They may be nondescript, but there’s certainly more to them than meets the eye!