When you need to move, the most important part of moving is the packing. You have to get everything packed just right so everything will fit and be easily moved to a new house. Moving boxes are imperative to making a move easily, along with other packing supplies. To help you with your packing, there are some helpful tips that you need to know because packing your personal things is not always as easy as it may seem.
1. Always take time to reinforce the bottom of the boxes with packing tape. The extra tape is worth it to ensure that the bottom is not going to fall out of the box during the move.
2. Fill as many boxes as possible to the very top. If any extra spaces are left in boxes, use packing paper or other box fillers so that things in the box are not damaged in the move. Plus, this will make them more stable for stacking them so they don’t lose their shape and crush the items in there.
3. Avoid packing the boxes so full that they bulge on the sides or top because this will make them unstable when they are loaded. Plus, it will make loading more difficult.
4. When labeling boxes, don’t label them on top, always do it on the side so they are easier to read when they are stacked. If there are fragile items in there, then put that on the side also. Always be sure to write any necessary information about items in a box on the side so nothing gets damaged, broken or lost.
5. Be sure to wrap any breakable items in packing paper to avoid it being broken. Plus, be careful how you place it in the box.
6. When you have heavy boxes to be moved, try and find something with wheels to help move it. You can use a dolly, wheelbarrow, or anything else you have with wheels that will hold a heavy box. This will prevent anyone from getting hurt during the moving process.
These tips will make packing moving boxes much easier and will ensure you can pack more items into one box. Just be sure to use all of the space available without cramming anything in. When you follow these tips, you will soon find that you are packing like someone with years of experience and it will make your move so much less stressful.