MovingBoxGuy.com – Fast Free Delivery Direct to Your Door.
Below is a moving checklist based on our experience of helping thousands of people move.
It details some of the steps you can take to ensure a smooth transition in the weeks leading up to your move.
Remember packing moving boxes is just one step in the process!
- Secure passports, birth/marriage certificates and other important personal documents
- Collect all your bills, bank statements and credit cards statements and notify the companies of your pending change of address.
- Call your newspaper and magazine subscription providers, phone, cable and wireless companies.
- Arrange for mail to be forwarded
- Notify friends, family and work colleagues your change of address
- Try to arrange for play dates with friends or family on the moving day to keep them occupied while you focus on the move.
- If you have kids, put aside a few favorite play things to help ease the transition and give them something familiar to play with as they prepare for their new surroundings. It will help with their stress and give them something to do while you are engaged in the many things taking place.
- Separate medicines, medical papers and other critically related medical necessities
- Hold a few weeks supply of prescriptions
- Call ahead and make arrangements to sign up with your new doctors.
- Know where your local hospital is located.
- Make plans for pets and their travels.
- Update your pet’s vaccinations.
- Have food, water dishes and cages ready to travel.
- Throw out the clutter!
- Give away items you no longer really need. (Plants are a great give away)
- Return borrowed items, library books and tools to their lenders
- Purchase any new household goods that are necessary before hand. You can get the rest after you move in. The less you have to move now the easier it will be.
- Prepare and Pack the clothes you will need while traveling. Prepare for the elements.
- Bag and hang special garments.
- Stop at the cleaners and make sure you have taken back all of your items.
- Clean and prepare bikes, wagons, garden tools
- Dismantle play systems and kids swing sets.
- Consolidate garden furniture, sculptures, and backyard items of importance
- Agree to and sign contracts with your mover
- Consider taking additional insurance on your valuables.
The New Home:
- Make arrangements for connection of services, electric, telephone etc. at your new location